If you're here, you are probably interested in breastfeeding. Maybe you are currently nursing your little one, maybe you have nursed in the past or maybe you're planning on breastfeeding a future baby. Either way, you may want to know what makes me such an expert (or a "breastspert" as I like to say). Well, I'm not a certified lactation consultant or anything, but I do have lots of experience and I have spent a great deal of time doing my research. Let me share some of my experiences with you before we dive right into the good stuff.
As a breastfeeding mama...
- I have nursed my son from birth to 17 months
- I am currently nursing my 2 month old daughter
- I dealt with low supply issues with my son(but persevered and never had to supplement!)
- I have, more recently, dealt with oversupply issues that lead to choking and tummy problems for my daughter
- I have suffered from clogged ducts, milk blisters and mastitis (which is something I would never wish on my worst enemy!)
- My milk came in very late when my son was born
- I have gone through the weaning process
- I exclusively pumped for the first 2 weeks of my daughter's life, and then made the transition back to the breast
- I have traveled while breastfeeding and pumping
- I am currently on a limited diet due to my daughter's food allergies and sensitivies
- My daughter who I am currently nursing has severe reflux, so I know all about nursing reflux babies
- I am in the process of donating hundreds of ounces of breastmilk to a milk bank
So.... as you can see, I am pretty well versed in the ins and outs of breastfeeding. In the posts to follow, I will address all of the issues you see above, plus lots more! I also intend on interjecting some of my own opinions on breastfeeding as well as some much needed humor. Oh, and of course there will be lots of pics of my little nurslings :)
Welcome to my boobie blog, I think you're gonna like it here!