Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Thirsty?

Nursing moms get THIRSTY. Yes, I put it in all caps because it's not just regular thirst it's THIRST. Especially during the first few weeks after your baby is born, the instant you start to nurse (or pump) you get hit with this intense need for water. Any good husband learns that when his wife sits down to nurse, he runs to get her a glass of water. Thankfully, my awesome hubby had this trick down a week or so after my son was born and actually remembered to do it the day my daughter was born, when we were still in the hospital.

Anyway, even when I am not in the middle of nursing, I find I am always thirsty. It's like I can't get enough water. I'm also busy (with a 3 year old and a 3 month old) so running to the fridge to fill up my water cup every 5 minutes is a pain. So the other day, while shopping at the dollar store for craft supplies, I spied the perfect water cup.


I don't know if you can tell in the picture, but this thing is huge! My husband calls it my "bucket of water" and that's what it is. Put it this way, it's bigger than a Jack in the Box soda and those things are big! I seriously freakin love it! I fill my cup and sit it next to me while I'm nursing, playing with the kids, on the computer, whatever, and I get to be my lazy, thirsty self. I highly recommend you buy yourself a giganto-cup ASAP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment